COVID-19 UPDATEMore Info
When we have problems with our teeth due to things like disease or trauma, we may need the help of a dental care provider to get our teeth and mouths back up to par. We can get some restorative dental work from top dentists in the area to improve our oral health.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a part of dental practice that has to do with improving and maintaining the functionality of the teeth and mouth. Restorative dentistry uses various treatments and procedures to ensure that you’ll be able to look and function as well as possible so you can maintain quality of life.
What Methods Does Restorative Dentistry Use?
Depending on your needs, there are a number of different treatments and procedures available to restore your smile. One of the top dentists in the area can help you choose the right option. Some options include:
1. Dental Fillngs:If you have a cavity, crack, or small break in your tooth, you may get a filling. They can be made of various materials such as metals and even ceramic or resin. They help teeth stay strong and prevent further decay or breakage.
2. Detal Inlays/Onlays: When a tooth suffers damage or decay, inlays or onlays may be used. They preserve the teeth and may cover the biting area of the tooth.
3. Dental Crowns: Crowns are used on broken or weakened teeth. They provide a safe covering that holds the teeth together. They can also help prevent loss of natural teeth by keeping them intact. Crowns are also used in dental bridges and dental implants.
4. Dental Bridges: Bridges involve replacing a missing tooth or teeth by using false teeth called pontics and crowns to hold them in place. There are various types of bridge depending on your needs.
5. Dental Implants: Dental implants involve surgically implanting a metal piece into the jawbone and using it to attach replacement teeth, called crowns. This can be done for one missing tooth or even a whole mouthful.
Benefits Of Restorative Dentistry
Some ways these procedures are beneficial include:
If you have cracked, chipped, broken, weakened, or missing teeth, restorative dentistry may be right for you. Having strong,healthy teeth can improve your quality of life in many ways.
Reach out to one of the top dentists in the area, Highpoint Dental Medicine to schedule an appointment today.