It is no secret that accidents do happen. So if you have a broken tooth, cracked tooth, or lost a tooth, you will want an experienced emergency dentist serving Buckingham right away. We believe it is our mission to serve our patients with the immediate care that they need because no one deserves to wait in pain simply because of scheduling delays. Highpoint Dental Medicine offers same day and Saturday appointments with our Buckingham emergency dentist for things like:
- Tooth Infections, otherwise known as tooth abscess, occurs when bacteria have infiltrated the dental pulp on inner areas of the tooth that contains the blood vessels and connective tissue. When left untreated, it can turn into a dental emergency where the bacteria that finds its way into your teeth causes chips, cracks, and cavities in your teeth. Poor dental hygiene can lead to tooth infections, especially if you are not flossing and brushing twice and a day or are on a high sugar diet.
- A Broken or Cracked Tooth means you should visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible. Although the common causes of these breaks include chewing or eating something hard, cavities left untreated, or amalgam fillings that are too large for your natural tooth structure. Pressure from grinding your teeth can also lead to a broken or cracked tooth over time, but the worst-case scenario is when you have experienced damage from sports or if you had a serious car accident.
- Chipped Teeth. If your teeth are chipping easily, it could likely be due to acidic foods and drinks, such as carbonated sodas, energy drinks, fruit juices, or any highly acidic food and beverage. If the chip is large enough to the point that nerves inside your teeth are exposed, it is time to visit a dentist as soon as possible. When you go in for an emergency dental procedure for chipping, you can expect to get a dental filling if the chipped teeth or tooth was unnoticeable.
- Knocked-Out Teeth may be a cause of a sports-related injury or accident. In such a case, you may be in need of dental implants, followed by periodic dental visits to assure that your teeth remain in good condition.
- Swollen gums may be early signs of periodontal disease or gingivitis. Swollen gums can cause serious discomfort not flossing properly, frequent use of tobacco products, and hormone changes. If you have tried creating a routine of brushing with a toothbrush that does not have irritable bristles, flossing regularly, and using an anti-gingivitis toothpaste, then you need to see the best emergency dentist serving Buckingham.
- Dislodged fillings or damaged crowns. When your dental filling (s) becomes damaged, your teeth are more exposed to the possibility of decay and infection. You know you have a bad tooth filling when the filing is cracked, worn, torn, fallen out, changed in color, or when you feel pain when drinking cold beverages. There may be instances when your filling falls out, but all of these symptoms mentioned are signs you are facing a dental emergency and must see a dentist serving the Buckingham area.
EMERGENCY DENTIST SERVING PATIENTS FROM Buckingham, MONTGOMERYVILLE, DOYLESTOWN, WARRINGTON, UPPER GWYNEDD, LOWER GWYNEDD, LANSDALE, HORSHAM, AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
You never know when an accident may happen. That is why it is important to know you have an emergency dentist in Chalfont that is there for you when you need them. Chewing hard candy, ice, or even popcorn can catch you by surprise and cause a broken or cracked tooth. Playing sports, a trip, and fall, or an auto accident are all real-world experiences that can cause dental emergencies. When you need to seek treatment right away it is important to take the following steps:
- Keep your head elevated
- Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater
- Take ibuprofen to help relieve some of the pain (ask your doctor first)
- If you must eat, eat only soft foods like yogurt or soup
- Avoid hot or cold liquids
Everyone knows that a great smile is an important social asset. Our top emergency dentist in Buckingham, Dr. Wilk, is committed to providing you with the healthy, beautiful smile you have always dreamed of. We take pride in offering the latest advancements in Buckingham cosmetic dentistry to brighten, enhance, repair, and straighten your teeth. Proudly serving Buckingham, North Wales, Montgomeryville, Doylestown, Warrington, Lansdale, Horsham, and surrounding areas!
Our Top Dentists Serving Buckingham
Top Cosmetic Dentist
Brian Wilk, DMD
Cosmetic Dentist Chalfont, PA
Dr. Wilk believes strongly in ‘doing the right thing’ and prides himself in providing the highest quality cosmetic and comprehensive dental care available. Read More About Dr. Wilk
Top Pediatric Dentist
Jill Zurek, DDS
Pedodontist Chalfont, PA
“Dr. Jill”, is originally from upstate New York and loves being a top children’s dentist. She is also an affiliated dentist with The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Read More about Dr. Zurek
Alexander Fuller, DMD
Endodontist Chalfont, PA
As a Top Endodontist, Dr. Fuller is a member of the American Dental Association, the Pennsylvania Dental Association, and the American Association of Endodontists.Learn more about Dr. Fuller