Denture Dentist in Chalfont: A Low Cost AlternativeOctober 5, 2015
Which Dentist Should I Choose For Dental Implants Near Gwynedd Valley?November 12, 2015
Has Your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville Diagnosed Your Pain?
If you are experiencing recurring pain in the connection between your lower jawbone and your skull (known as the temporomandibular joints -TMJ), you may be among the hundreds of thousands suffering from temporomandibular Disorder (TMD). The TMJ joints are one of the most active joints in the body with continuous activities like speaking, chewing, swallowing, and yawning. Pain and restricted movement of the temporomandibular joints can be fairly common. Your Montgomeryville TMJ Dentist can provide the relief and treatment you need.
Signs You May Have a TMJ Disorder
- Are you clenching or grinding your teeth?
- When you stress does your clenching and pain increase?
- When you wake up do you have stiff muscles or are you saw around your jaws?
- Do you frequently get neck aches or headaches?
- When you open your mouth do you feel or hear your jaw click, pop, grate, catch, or lock?
- When you open your mouth to eat or yawn, is it sometimes difficult or painful?
- Do you have teeth that don’t touch when you bite or is it difficult to use your front teeth to bite food?
Some reports show that a greater number of females encounter TMD, and it is experienced most often in patients between the age of 20 and the age of 40. Your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville has experience treating this disorder.
TMJ Dentist Treatments
Some basic, conservative treatments that may be recommended by TMJ Dentists in Montgomeryville include:
- Apply cold packs or moist heat.
- Eat softer foods.
- Don’t rest your chin on your hand.
- Keep your teeth slightly apart whenever possible.
- Let your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville teach you several relaxation techniques. The physical therapy treatment includes warm compresses and regular stretching exercises.
- Take prescribed medications. Your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville may recommend an anti-inflammatory medication to relieve pain and serve as a muscle relaxant.
- Take prescribed low-level laser therapy.
- Wear a night guard or a splint – Your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville can fit a plastic guard over the lower or upper teeth which allows the affected jaw muscles to relax.
- Undergo corrective dental treatment
Highpoint Dental Medicine features three of top Dentists in Bucks County under one roof. Brian Wilk, DMD is a top cosmetic dentist. Jill Zurek, DDS has been recognized by Philadelphia Magazine as a top Pediatric Dentist and Richard Titlebaum, DMD was named the top Endodontist. Call your TMJ Dentist in Montgomeryville at 215 822-1866. We treat TMJ Patients from Chalfont, Montgomeryville, Doylestown, Warrington, Upper Gwynedd, Lower Gwynedd, Lansdale, Horsham, and the surrounding communities.